Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Art and everyday objects

I'm saving my pennies so that hopefully one day I can have a Thornton Walker watercolour hanging on my wall. Thornton is a Melbourne based artist who has been producing works of incredible beauty for over 30 years. His still life watercolours and oils resonate with me because of the attention to detail given to ordinary everyday objects. He imbues these objects with an extraordinary sense of clarity, colour and style. Here are just a few examples of his work...







Images 1 - 4 from Art Net; Image 5 from Tim Olsen Gallery; Images 6 - 7 from Beaver Galleries.

3 comments:

Brabourne Farm said...

What truly beautiful paintings - thank you for introducing me to Thornton Walker. I think that I'll have to start saving too - a must have!

Unknown said...

Beautiful art - thanks for sharing as I've never seen his work before.

Millie said...

Fabulous post Lee. As much as I love the colour in his work, I find I'm very drawn to his b&w pieces. So it that case I must have both!
Millie ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin