Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wishing I was here...

Last August/September we were lucky enough to spend a week or so in Hong Kong watching my nephew Matt compete in the showjumping at the Beijing Olympics (obviously the showjumping wasn't held in Beijing but Hong Kong instead!!), and then we went on to spend another week at the Westin Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia. It was a divine trip - time spent with family amidst the hustle & bustle that is Hong Kong, and then a week spent thawing out from the Melbourne winter in Langkawi. Bliss! Today I'm dreaming of being back there again and these holiday snaps provide a wonderful reminder of our holiday...

My nephew Matt is mostly based in Europe so it was lovely to see him again and spend a bit of time with him. Here he is riding in the individual qualifying round of the Olympics...

Hong Kong was everything I dreamed it would be - and the shopping was amazing! Here's the view from the peak...


And another view taken from the famous Star Ferry...


After Hong Kong we indulged in a week at the Westin in Langkawi, Malaysia. Here's the view from our room if you turn to the left...And here's the view from the right (sorry about the hazy shot - it's just my poor photography skills)...Here's the kids pool, which we spent a lot of time lounging around with our son...




The boys were far more active than I was, choosing to go sea kayaking and sailing...


And here are the two main pools...
The tide is out in the next couple of shots, but it still looks lovely...

We had a wonderful time in Hong Kong and Langkawi. Now I'll have to get started planning this year's holiday!

3 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

That's a part of the world I would never have seen, were it not for photos like these. Thanks!

DesignTies said...

Hi Lee, I think I've "seen" you over on MrsB's blog....

Thanks for visiting our blog and commenting on my jelly bean post :-)

Your pics are fabulous!! Malaysia looks like a beautiful place. The owner of our favourite restaurant is from Malaysia. Their signature dish is Laksa -- yum!! Even better than jelly beans!! ;-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Julie said...

Hi Lee
Sounds so wonderful to spend time with family. I miss mine in overseas..(crying.) I've been to HK many times It can be interesting time to time minus too many people(smile)

Great pictures.
xx
Julie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin