Friday, June 5, 2009

Bird illustrations

Taking my lunch break today I strolled to one of my favourite bookshops, Hill of Content, on a mission to find a book on the artist Hundertwasser for my sister...no luck, but I did find (and buy) this wonderfully illustrated little book... This book contains 46 beautiful illustrations that capture the simple beauty of various birds such as the golden coriole, the bowerbird and the painted bunting (what a great name!). It's by Australian illustrator and artist Jeffrey Fisher who is currently living in Paris.




I look forward to poring over the pages of this book time and time again.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw, love that little bullfinch! So cute.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Lee. This is beautiful!! Such lovely art work. You'd want to buy 2 so you could pull out some pages and frame them. My favourite out of these fellas is the Galah! I followed your link to Chronicle Books and had a bit of fun looking around. Found some terrific little books but luckily managed to avoid a purchase! Have a great weekend!

Millie said...

Oh I love Chronicle Books Lee, they are amongst my very faves. I'm with Julie, that galah is the star!
Millie ^_^

Jacky said...

Hi Lee,

What a beautiful little book you have found!!! Some gorgeous prints, cant wait to see it in the flesh.
I'm sure it will bring you many hours of enjoyment (and I love the fact that this artist is Australian...what a find). Shame about the Hundertwasser book though...will keep looking.

Jacky xox

Jacky said...

Hi Lee,

Check out Colette's blog (Bird in the Hand) on my sidebar.... I think she has been influenced by this Aussie artist, dont you?

Jacky xox

Blog Widget by LinkWithin