Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday morning shop post - Cote Provence

Guess where I'm going next weekend? Provence. Well, actually I'm going to Cote Provence in Rathdowne Village, Carlton, right here in Melbourne... I was reading the Sunday papers and in the homes section they featured quite a few pieces from a shop I'd never heard of before...Cote Provence. Well of course I just had to find out more! Cote Provence it seems sells almost everything French, including the bathroom sink (not the kitchen sink, but I'm sure they could get you one if you asked nicely)...

They sell gorgeous outdoor wares....




As well as rustic French indoor wares....


This cushion...
...has been made using this ribbon... Some of the store's goods reflected in this beautiful ornate mirror...

And I must check out the mannequins (hopefully they're reasonably priced because I'd love to come home with one of these tucked under my arm)...


I love the colour of this buffet...


And how quaint is this antique measuring device?
Cote Provence is situated in Rathdowne Village, in Rathdowne Street, Carlton, near the corner of Davis Street. I especially love the 'aim' of Cote Provence, as explained by the owners, Julie and Erik Barbey on the store's site:
  • To have unique, functional, beautiful French products that can be put together to create an individual look.
  • To provide the customer with decorating ideas by presenting merchandise in an appealing and attractive way.
  • To make the customer feel welcome and to provide efficient, friendly service.
  • To ensure customers are satisfied with their products after purchase and to provide any follow up service.
Makes you want to visit Cote Provence and check it out doesn't it.
(Images: Cote Provence)

17 comments:

mondocherry said...

Looks like a fantastic shop full of treasures. I love the way they have purposely included in their 'mission' statement to "provide the customer with decorating ideas by presenting merchandise in an appealing and attractive way" rather than just presenting it to sell!
Clare x

red ticking said...

just love it all... i will tuck the other manne under my arm! have a lovely week... x pam

Rachael said...

I have serious shoppers envy..you lucky lucky girl!

lady jicky said...

I have not been to Rathdowne Village in ages. Now that shop looks good!

Brabourne Farm said...

Good luck with the mannequin. Just wish this shop was nearby - looks fabulous. Leigh

Emma said...

Ooh, how exciting! I have not heard of it either so will pop up and see how much swiping my AMEX can handle... hehe x

Anonymous said...

I have that mirror...well, more or less the same (one more would be nice). I keep trying to make my home more French, but I end up with a more English style...hmm..what's lacking?? I'm just thinking loud here....hhmmm...

What a great store, Julie and Erik seem to be very passionate about it. Good thing for their customers.

Mrs B said...

As always, a wonderful Monday Shop post Lee! I now rely on you to find these beautiful shops so I can go and visit.I love the white washed dresser in one of the photos...just beautiful. Looking forward to more gorgeous pictures you have in all your posts.
Mrs B

Fabulously French said...

I am also seraching for a mannequin and think that you probably have chance of finding one in Australia than I do here in France as they are a sought after commodity these days...

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Lee. Again tempting me to Melbourne!! Everything thing looks quite special in this shop. It's a worry when you want everything!! By the way.. you are welcome!! xx Julie

Anonymous said...

Yummy photos! I like the last one best, with the mannekin wearing the apron. I feel like her sometimes, when putting my apron on in the mornings and going over my list of things to do for the day. I could use more arms to get it all done!

Jacky said...

What a find Lee... this shop looks amazing and to find mannequins!!! Good luck (I hope they are not too expensive).

Thinking of you on Wednesday, hope you are back on your feet (or should I say foot) quickly.

Jacky xox

Unknown said...

Oh wow! It looks fabulous, you will have to tell us all about it. I love that metal 'lazyboy' - for want of a better description!
Loved your sea urchins post too - I have just one in my home, and I hope to add some more.

vicki archer said...

This looks like a lot of fun..xv

Millie said...

Mmmmm, on our next trip over - footy @ The G with MOTH & his beery, loud mates or the charm & style of Cote Provence, decisions, decisions.
Millie ^_^

jolly arora said...

hi...
your blog is very beautiful
why just park...


Linux Help Discussion forum

Aman Toor
jolly arora

nevin said...

I live in North Carlton and I just adore Cote Provence. I especially love beautiful ornate mirrors... Your blog is inspiring..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin