Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday shop post - Nest Homewares

I usually go to Nest Homewares in South Melbourne or Brighton to purchase my Aesop hair & skin care products...but while I'm there in the store it's difficult not to want to run your hands over the beautiful cotton bedding by Stewart Russell (of Spacecraft) and the tabletop & home linens by Quince Textiles. This picture of the South Melbourne store in gorgeous Coventry Street shows just some of their amazing wares... And here are some of the lovely linen textiles created by Quince (who have just opened up their very own store in Wattletree Road, Malvern). Their placemats and napkins are divine and I have actually seen them wrrapped on canvases as artwork. Whatever way you use them, they look gorgeous...

As you can see from the following picture, all of the purchases come beautifully wrapped in printed cardboard and string...


Don't these Bholu cushions really liven up the red & white bed linen...

And the lovely Louli Japanese Blossom design in grey would be lovely and calming to have in a bedroom...

I have used some of the Quince creations as artwork in my home...I have a card in the Odah design...

...that I have framed to create a little artwork for my bathroom...

And I bought this tablecloth in the Daisy design...

...and I re-used the printed cardboard covering that it came in as an artwork too...

Here's a closer look at the piece...
Nest Homewares sells lovely handmade, organic products that are beautiful to have, hold and use.
(Images: 1-6 and 7 & 9 are from Nest Homewares)

6 comments:

Searching for Sporadic Surprises said...

The Quince linens look gorgeous (I love that at times they seem to reference postage stamps and lace) and I also love how you have framed the packaging. What a lovely post! Thanks!

Diana
www.searchingforsporadicsurprises.blogspot.com

Jacky said...

Lee those linens are so, so beautiful and I love your gorgeous artwork inspired by that lovely flower. Red.... looks beautiful in your bathroom....

I would be so tempted to buy so many things just to get that beautiful packaging. Fantastic for journals!

Jacky xox

p.s. LOVE my gardeners soap in that gorgeous linen too...thank you!

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh they are all so gorgeous Lee. I love your artwork! You clever thing! A-M xx

Ria said...

Oooh what you did with those printed cardboards is clever! And I definitely love that grey Japanese Blossom bed sheets.

Brabourne Farm said...

I love the Quince table mats - I'm off to Woollahra asap! Thanks for these lovely things. Leigh

Bonnie- amour amour said...

What a great idea!
I absolute love your blog- have been so inspired for my new house. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin