Friday, June 11, 2010

Book: Flowers chic & cheap

I love nothing more than having lots of fresh flowers in my home...and this extends to beautiful books about flowers. So this weekend I'm going to take myself off to my fave bookshop Berkelouw Books and track down 'Flowers: Chic and Cheap - arrangements with flowers from the market or backyard' by Carlos Mota and photographu by William Waldron.  Funny, but when I pick flowers or buy them from the local market, they never end up looking as 'together' and as smart as this. Hopefully there's a few tips in this gorgeous book.

Anyway, here's just a few examples of William Waldron's amazing photography from the book...











[Images: 1 - Amazon; 2-6 - William Waldron]

3 comments:

Jane said...

you and i have identical taste in shops!! I was just there this morning. Didn't see that book though... it is a real skill to make flowers sit properly in a vase isn't it? I confess it is a skill I just do not have...

Julie said...

I love having a lot of flowers in my home too. My garden is sort of sad at the moment.(sigh~) I should go to the market tomorrow to buy some flowers.

Julie xx

Jacky said...

Lee....what an inspirational book. I look forward to seeing it when I visit (and spending quite a bit of time taking it all in).

Beautiful!

Jacky xox

Blog Widget by LinkWithin