Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today I love...

Today I've been thinking about how much I love a bit of quirkiness in a cafe, for example:

I love these books stacked around the display cabinet at Mr Tulk cafe at the State Library of Victoria (so named in honour of the first chief librarian at the library). Mind you I'd be very tempted to pull out a book or two just to find out what's what.

Or how about these stools made from recycled road signs at Three Bags Full in Abbotsford:


And at The Commoner in Fitzroy... why keep your utensils in the kitchen when you can hang them on the wall!!

And you can forget about the piped in music at Gingerlee cafe in Brunswick East when they've got their own record player (now that's a trip down memory lane!):

Of course, no matter how cute and quirky a cafe is, it has to have good coffee! Do you have any favourite, quirky cafes in your neighbourhood?

[All images from Breakfast Out]

3 comments:

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

omg, that is gorgeous, can't think of any quirky cafes, haven't gone to one for a while (post kids)!!

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Any one of those cafes looks good to me. We don't have many cafes in our small town, but I love to go to cafes like the ones you've shown when out and about. I do agree though, it has to have good coffee and I love all the quirkiness, it makes it interesting to visit.

Millie said...

We are all too conservative up here in the Hills Leigh - but I do love a cafe with a twist & theere sure are plenty of those in your neck of the woods!
Millie ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin