Thursday, December 16, 2010

Country idyll

One of the nice things about Melbourne is that there are some really lovely places in the surrounding regions that are only an hour or two away, and just perfect for a weekend getaway. Take very recently opened 'Twigs on High' luxury B&B accommodation in Trentham, situated between Woodend and Daylesford (two perfect getaways in their own right), it's described on the site as 'luxe country', and looking at these gorgeous pictures I can understand why...







Want to stay at Twigs, then check it all out here.

P.S. Please excuse my absence from my blog the last week or so, while I wish I was somewhere very lovely like Twigs, I was actually in Wellington, New Zealand work. Not quite the same thing!

[All images from Twigs]

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like a really lovely place to stay at and so full of character.

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Ooh, how lovely!! Looks like the perfect place for a weekend away.

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

omg this place is divine!

Millie said...

Lee, I love that term 'Luxe Country'! Your comment over at Jane's was absolutely beautiful, I feel exactly the same & you put it so eloquently.
Millie x

Glamour Drops said...

What a terrific blog you have! I have just discovered it while googling for twig lights ~ so a happy discovery to find a fellow Melbournian with a stylish blog. I have a similar one which rambles on about interior design and architecture, often with a Melbourne slant. Isn't Daylesford delightful? My own blog is www.bluefruitdesign.blogspot.com and I would love you to check it out for yourself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin